Internal Data Search by Corporation Name

Data Search on:   California Energy Commission

The titles below have an association with your requested corporate name

Cost and Value of Water Use at Combined-Cycle Power Plants

This study compared water requirements, plant and cooling system capital and operating costs, and plant output and efficiency between plants equipped with wet and dry cooling. Comparisons were made for 500 MW, gas-fired, combined-cycle power plants at four sites, typical of environmental conditions in California. Results of the analysis include: • the use of dry cooling reduces plant water requirements by approximately 2,000 to 2,500 acre-feet per year, • The associated costs are: − increased plant capital cost of approximately $8 million to $27 million, or about 5% to 15% of the total plant cost, − potential reduction of energy production by about 13,000–56,000 megawatt hours (MWh) per year (1% to 2% of the total), − capacity reduction on hot days of 13 to 23 MW (4% to 6% of total), and − potential annual revenue reduction of about $1.5 to $3.0 million (1% to 2% of total)

Revision Date:  12/31/2013

Tags:  221112 - Fossil Fuel 化石燃料, California Energy Commission, Dry Cooling, Wet Cooling, Schematic, Cost, Cooling, Dry Cooling, Wet Cooling, USA